[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "Re: EJB3 Session Bean Container error"

jaikiran pai do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 24 10:18:51 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJB3 Session Bean Container error":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528223#528223

Author  : jaikiran pai
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran

Message:
> julianovidal wrote:
>

> The error ocurrs when I try to access a Remote SessionBean.

You mean the client is not in the same JVM as the deployed bean, right? (Just trying to get a better picture of what's happening)

> julianovidal wrote:
>

> The weird thing is that I actually get the instance when I do the lookup:
>
> *public* CategoryRemote getCategory() *throws* CMSException {
>  Object obj = CMSServiceLocator.getInstance().getObject(CategoryRemote.REMOTE);
>  *return* (CategoryRemote) PortableRemoteObject.narrow(obj, CategoryRemote.class);
> }

The interceptor is considering it to be a in-JVM call (i.e. client and bean are in same JVM). Before i look into the details, can you remove that PortableRemoteObject.narrow call? It's not required in EJB3. (I have a suspicion that it's messing up with the returned proxy - although i am not sure yet).