[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] New message: "Re: Resources for using portal api"

Monkey Den do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 13:32:27 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Resources for using portal api":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528587#528587

Author  : Monkey Den
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/monkeyden

Message:
Thanks again Wesley.  I've been able to get everything working correctly within my code but transaction committal fails after the request.  Seam doesn't know anything about the persistence context the portal API is using so when it tries to commit it fails with:

org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not enlist in transaction on entering meta-aware object!
Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: Cannot open connection

Here is the bit of code that works, until the response:

UserModule userMod = (UserModule) new InitialContext().lookup("java:portal/UserModule");
user = userMod.findUserByUserName(username);

Any idea of how to get around this?