[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "file size limit for downloading from a JBoss server?"

Jim Schumm do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 25 13:24:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "file size limit for downloading from a JBoss server?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528585#528585

Author  : Jim Schumm
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jimsch

Message:
Hello all,

I'm running an application on JBoss (jboss-4.2.2.GA) which writes files to the server & then emails the user with the URL to download them.

I've configured the application to write the files to a location outside the JBoss file structure by following http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/ExternalDirectories.

I'm running into a problem now however in that some cases the URL delivers a zero size file - even though I can see the file on the server isn't empty.

I've run some tests - I can download files of size 22MB & 49MB but when I try one of 66MB it  downloads as empty. This seems to imply it's a size issue.

I'd like to know:

1) Where any settings may be made in JBoss to control the maximum download size
2) Where to look for some diagnostics of the problem - I can't see anything about the downloads failing in  <JBOSS HOME>\server\default\log\server.log

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim