[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Problems with concurrency"

Jorge Ruiz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 26 19:43:31 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problems with concurrency":

http://community.jboss.org/message/528946#528946

Author  : Jorge Ruiz
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/xourge

Message:
Hello, I have a seam 2.1.2 app running on Jboss AS 4.2.3 with MySQL 5.0 on a HP Blade Server with 22G RAM and Intel Xeon 2.66GHz x4 cpu

I have set max connections for mysql y app config to 3000
i have set max threads for jboss to 3000 too

I am monitoring my app using web-console, this shows that the value currentThreadsBusy may vary between 100 and 900

but, still, app runs really slow on when current threds are above 350 (when there's hight concurrency). In these cases mysql uses 1 core, and jboss uses 2.5 cores from the Intel Xeon (according to top command on linux)

am i missing something? why is it still slow?

any help would be really appreciated