[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] Document updated/added: "JBossIDEInstallationFAQ"

Max Andersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 03:45:57 EST 2010

User development,

The document "JBossIDEInstallationFAQ", was updated Jan 20, 2010
by Max Andersen.

To view the document, visit:
http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10411#cf

Document:
h2. JBossIDE Installation FAQ

h3. Read this before adding an entry
This FAQ is intended to provide information on JBossIDE installation. Question related to everyday use are addressed http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10409. Many posts in the http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=201 are related to the installation, so it is a good place to gather the experience of the community. Please, follow the formalism of the page setup and don't duplicate information.

-
----

*Q : How do I install JBossIDE ?*

*A* : Please read our official installation guide here: http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/install/build/en/html/index.html

You can also find the complete step-by-step installation procedure in a downloadable PDF, http://docs.jboss.com/jbosside/install/build/en/pdf/JBossIDE-Install.pdf

Note:

If you are using Java 1.4.2_05 or later to launch JBoss from the IDE, you must set a VM argument in your JBossIDE launch configuration(s) or you will get an exception when you launch. Please see the http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-10409 for instructions in the Launching Topics section.

-
----

*Q : What are JBossIDE update sites?*
*A*:

** JBossIDE Stable Update Site (1.6 series): http://download.jboss.org/JBossIDE/updates/stable
** JBossIDE Development (unstable) Update Site (2.0.0.Beta series): http://download.jboss.org/jbostools/updates/development

-
----

*Q : I am behind a proxy which requires authentification. How can I use the Eclipse install/update manager ?*