[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] New message: "Re: Can jboss AS 6 M1 be used in a production environment?"

Stan Silvert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 13:55:35 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Can jboss AS 6 M1 be used in a production environment?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521166#521166

Author  : Stan Silvert
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/stan.silvert@jboss.com

Message:
I would say (without any hard stats to back it up) that JSF is easily the most popular java web framework for new projects.  There is still a lot of Struts development on older applications.

If you are still in development and you can wait for the AS 6 final release then I would encourage you to develop against AS 6 milestones.  That allows you to use all the new features of JSF2.  Of course, that entails some risk on your part because we can't guarantee when a production-quality AS 6 release will happen.  Brian could probably give you an educated guess, but it would still be a guess and I'm not sure if he's even willing to go there.

Stan