[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: Pluggable dependency resolver"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 20 15:59:09 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Pluggable dependency resolver":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521210#521210

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
I've moved things around a bit. The new stuff now lives in https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/plugins/resolver/indexing/.

I have added scaffolding to support different types of dependency lookups. So far, I have only implemeted the name/alias based one, which is just what I had before in a different place.

The basic idea is that for each kind of dependency item there is an implementation of https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/spi/resolver/indexing/ResolverMatcher.java / https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/resolver/dependency/src/main/java/org/jboss/dependency/spi/resolver/indexing/ResolverMatcherFactory.java. When indexing a context's dependencies, if the dependency is of type AbstractDependencyItem, the name/alias based one I mentioned is used. I'll implement matchers for when the dependency is a demand or a contextual injection dependency. I'm not 100% happy with needing to implement ResolverMatcher(Factory) for each kind of dependency item, but it is the only idea I have at the moment.