[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Process definition deployment"

Maarten G do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 22 02:15:56 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Process definition deployment":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521614#521614

Author  : Maarten G
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/magoris

Message:
Hi,

I am developing a web app with JSF 1.2, Spring 2.5.6 and jBPM 4.3. I have integrated jBPM with Spring so I can use the jBPM 4.3 services as Spring beans.

I can't get the process definition deployment to work as I want though. When the app starts/restarts I deploy the process definition with the following code, as I want to be sure the process is deployed when the web app is running:

repositoryService.createDeployment().addResourceFromClasspath("process.jpdl.xml").deploy();

which works the first time, but on a following server start/restart i get the following exception:

org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: error: process 'process-1' already exists

I suppose this is because i have version="1" specified in the process definition. When I remove the version it works, but then it deploys a new version to the db every time, which seems illogical to me as it is the same process definition each time. Is this what is supposed to happen, or is there a way to check if a certain process version is already deployed, so it runs the deploy() code only when necessary?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, this is the first time I use jBPM in a project.

Greetings,
Maarten