[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "jBPM 4.3 - Will cause memory leaks due to unclosed InitialContext()"

Martin Porter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 22 06:31:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "jBPM 4.3 - Will cause memory leaks due to unclosed InitialContext()":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521698#521698

Author  : Martin Porter
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jedizippy

Message:
Hi,

Further to my previous post regarding JTA transactions and upon my concern at finding an unclosed InitialContext I did a search through the jBPM source code and to my amazement I found that this is in fact commonplace. And this same issue can be found throughout the entire code base !!!!!!! Am I really looking at the right code here ?????. Its the 4.3 source code !.

The following classes have this issue:-

org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.InvocationProxy
org.jbpm.jpdl.internal.activity.JavaActivity
org.jbpm.jpdl.internal.activity.JmsActivity
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.tx.JtaTransaction
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.descriptor.JbossIdmIdentitySessionFactoryDescriptor
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.descriptor.JndiDescriptor

This means that the current distribution of 4.3 could simply not be used in a real production scenario due to memory leaks. I have will raise a JIRA for this issue !

If someone gives me access to the source code I can make the appropriate changes but I am very concerned at this. I have not worked with JBoss but as far as I know it wont close connections for you !!.

Regards
Martin