[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP Development] New message: "Re: Help: Error [Instrumentor] AOP Instrumentor failed"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 22 10:10:39 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Help: Error [Instrumentor] AOP Instrumentor failed":

http://community.jboss.org/message/521769#521769

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:

> mailto:flavia.rainone at jboss.com wrote:
>
> Taking a look at the piece of code that throws that exception, in GeneratedAdvisorInstrumentor.createAdvisorCtors:
>
> //This will be called when a class instantiates its advisor
> CtConstructor ctor = CtNewConstructor.defaultConstructor(genadvisor);
> ctor.setBody(
>     "{" +
>     "   initialise(org.jboss.aop.AspectManager.instance(org.jboss.aop.advice.SecurityActions.getClassLoader(this.getClass())), false);" + //Use the CL of the class, since we may be in a scoped loader
>     "}");
> genadvisor.addConstructor(ctor);
>

> I think it doesn't make too much sense, since the constructor is created in the previous line.
>
> Maybe this is a Javassist bug. Kabir, what do you think of this?
I remember seeing this error in the past, but not exactly what causes it. I think the problem is with the call to super(String) that I marked. Is the super class getting woven?

Actually looking at http://github.com/apache/ode/blob/a77d1ebd590f879d9d381e779493b08b8d5ff89f/axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/axis2/soapbinding/SoapExternalService.java  it seems to be a base class so that there should be no super advisor. If I am looking at the right version of SoapExternalService, the question is why does it think it is not the base class?