[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "How to initialize the State of an EJB3 Stateful Bean"

Jerry Simone do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 29 09:29:24 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to initialize the State of an EJB3 Stateful Bean":

http://community.jboss.org/message/522999#522999

Author  : Jerry Simone
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jlsimone

Message:
In EJB2, you can pass the state to a stateful EJB using the home interface and the arguments that are defined for the ejbCreate method of the bean. This seems like it should be a simple thing do to, and I feel a little dumb asking the question, but how do you pass the state into an EJB3 stateful bean? All of the documentation that I have read so far assumes that the EJB creates its own state when the (no-arg) constructor is called. But in my case, the business logic of the application has already created a state (in the form of an object tree) that it needs to pass into the stateful bean. I have created what I consider a hack, which is to expose an "initialize" method in the remote/local interface. The initialize method  sends the state to the EJB in the arguments of the method arguments. What are the better options for doing this?