[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: JBPM 4.3 EL cannot read process property with null value"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 31 17:52:19 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBPM 4.3 EL cannot read process property with null value":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523228#523228

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
What I meant whas that you could have put whatever variable name in the check, it always returns null, even if the variable is not threre at all. Sorry if I formulated that wrongly.

So the current behaviour is:

|| *Case* || *Java* || *EL* ||
| var exists and has a non-null value | value | value |
| var exists and has value of 'null' | null | fails |
| var does not exists | null | fails |

This should at be identical I think, at least for the case where the variable exists. I created a little patch that solves this (all unit tests still are green). If you file a jira issue about this, I'll attach the patch to it that make EL return null if the variable exists but has a value of null. It does make the last case identical (not it should, and if it should, shoud it fail? or should EL also return null?) Ask that in the Jira issue to.