[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: JBPM4.3 should be JBPM5.0"

Ronald van Kuijk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 31 18:10:23 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBPM4.3 should be JBPM5.0":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523229#523229

Author  : Ronald van Kuijk
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kukeltje

Message:
hahaha, yes  I was aware that you were promoting jBPM. The only thing is that your post came out of the blue. It looks like a response to something that is not there.

But regarding your statement, let me tell you why I disagree.

* BPMN is in incubation.* It is not by a long shot as stable (and spec tested) as jPDL is.
* Only a subset of BPMN2 is implemented (expect more in 4.4)

* JPDL in jBPM 4 has a lot of room for improvment (see the Jira)
* History stuff
* additional fork (for-each)
* lots of small (not so less visible) improve
* ID generator issue
* Task closing issues

Regarding the releases, the choice was made to have periodical releases so users can depend on that. So expect 4.4 not to be far around the corner. The version where we think BPMN implementation is stable might become jBPM 5 Since the BPMN 2 spec is not even finalized yet, it is not valid to make jBPM already a 5 version (but thanks for the compliment....)

Regarding the spring issue, discuss it in the forum and check if there are already Jira issues for it. If not make them after discussing it in the forum first. If there is one, vote for it to give it a 'higher priority' (no guarantee)

Cheers,

Ronald