[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Recover async activities after jBPM4 restart

Georgy Nechukin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jul 25 12:27:55 EDT 2010

Georgy Nechukin [http://community.jboss.org/people/nechukin] created the discussion

"Recover async activities after jBPM4 restart"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/554291#554291

Hi all,

I have a workflow based on async activities and wait states. Now I'm investigating the jBPM failure scenario.

As I see, if process instance was interrupted by system failure in some activity, it will recover in the previous saved state (expectable), but process execution will not be resumed automatically. My attempts to play with ExecutionImpl methods mostly leads to messages that "process state is not active: async" or NPE while accessing Environent instance.

Is there a way to resume an async executions that were breaked by system failure?

(Same question is relevant for wait states, but I haven't tried failure in them yet).

Thanks in advance.