[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - How to test Jboss JMS externally - outside of the application server

Ben Mat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jun 13 04:11:30 EDT 2010

Ben Mat [http://community.jboss.org/people/bmatsliah] created the discussion

"How to test Jboss JMS externally - outside of the application server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/547695#547695

Hi All,

I'm pretty new to the JMS functionality.

I need to test a remote JMS which is on Jboss 4.2.1. I want to develop an external test (e.g from a main class) which sends and receives messages to/from the app. server. (I do have full access to the remote server.)

My questions are:

1) How do I send messages to the Jboss JMS?

2) Where is the information needed to send a message located on the Jboss? ip, port, queue, user, pw, ect. to set up the local messaging test.

3) Is there a way to config/ develop a mechanism on the remote JMS Jboss server that sends back acknowledgments to the sender (in this case)?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks, Ben

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]