[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Suggestion for transitions

Jochen Mader do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 29 08:34:30 EDT 2010

Jochen Mader [http://community.jboss.org/people/jochen_mader] replied to the discussion

"Suggestion for transitions"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550190#550190

I want to be able to signal the transition.
Example:
There is one user who does a couple of changes on a data item, he then either "submits" (signal execution with the string "submit") or saves the data item.
When he "submits", another user will be able to "accept", "decline" or "defer" the changes with each signal triggering a different workflow.
A decision for me involves some computation which has to be done inside jBPM whereas what I am doing is that a user actively triggers the different workflows.
So I would say that using signalExecution is the correct way in a process sense.

Thanks,

Jochen