[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to get a list of available transitions for an ActivityExecution

Joe Gottman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 29 09:51:17 EDT 2010

Joe Gottman [http://community.jboss.org/people/joegottman] replied to the discussion

"How to get a list of available transitions for an ActivityExecution"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/550204#550204

I finally figured it out.  Jorge's answer was almost correct, but I had to manually create an Environment variable for ExecutionImpl.getActivity() to succeed.  So the final code was

EnvironmentFactory environmentFactory = (EnvironmentFactory)processEngine;
    Execution execution = executionService.findExecutionById(executionID);
    if (execution instanceof ExecutionImpl) {
     ExecutionImpl executionImpl = (ExecutionImpl)execution;
     EnvironmentImpl environment = environmentFactory.openEnvironment();
     ActivityImpl activityImpl = null;
     try {
      activityImpl = executionImpl.getActivity();
      } finally {
      environment.close();
     }
     if (activityImpl != null) {
         return activityImpl.getOutgoingTransitionsMap().keySet();
     }
    }
    return Collections.<String>emptySet();