[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Deployment lazyResolve and lazyStart"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Mar 2 08:44:13 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Deployment lazyResolve and lazyStart":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529354#529354

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
With https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBDEPLOY-247

You can now do lazyResolve and lazyStart for deployments.
However, beyond what OSGi will do there's nothing that actually sets this up.

I propose we add a new META-INF/jboss-deployment.xml which would be some generic
metadata for this kind of processing and other possible deployment control parameters.

e.g. something like

<deployment xmlns="urn:jboss:deployment:1.0">

    <!-- Deploy this deployment in the described stage initially - i.e. no classloader -->
    <required-stage>DESCRIBE</required-stage>

    <!-- Only create the classloader when somebody wants to import our package or module -->
    <lazy-resolve/>

    <!-- Only move the deployment to the REAL stage when somebody loads a class from our classloader - with an optional filter -->
    <lazy-start filter="com.acme.somepackage"/>

</deployment>