[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Optimizing DependencyInfo"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 06:56:05 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Optimizing DependencyInfo":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529893#529893

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
I've modified AbstractDependencyInfo so that it can

* keep track of unresolved dependencies by state instead of working it out all the time
* it doesn't create collections it doesn't need

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBKERNEL-104

The next step is to add this new TrackingDependency* api such that you can have "semi-resolved" dependencies
which will help in implementing the circular dependency stuff.

Without this tracking of what is already (semi-)resolved a complicated circular dependency would likely have to iterate over
many contexts/dependencies to see if they are resolved! - and my have to do this many times before the circular dependency is finally resolved?