[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: ClassLoadingAdmin"

Adrian Brock do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 09:08:02 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "ClassLoadingAdmin":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529929#529929

Author  : Adrian Brock
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/adrian@jboss.org

Message:
> emuckenhuber wrote:
>

> > mailto:adrian at jboss.org wrote:
> >
> > NOTE: It is still an unimplemented feature in the profile service to be able to "dry run" an install.
> > i.e. you can validate the metadata can be parsed and is complete and check all the dependencies
> > without creating the actual runtime objects.
> > Of course there might still be runtime errors thrown from the objects themselves, which this wouldn't catch.
> You mean doing mainDeployer.change(deployment, PRE_REAL) ?
No. I mean having a special copy of the kernel/deployers in the management client that doesn't do any of the callbacks for the real deployments.
So it will go through the dependency resolution, but won't invoke constructors, set properties, etc.