[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Strategy for assigning subprocess execution ID"

Sasa Mitrovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 09:09:21 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Strategy for assigning subprocess execution ID":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529931#529931

Author  : Sasa Mitrovic
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/letstalk

Message:
When a subprocess is started from a main process using subprocess activity, is there a way to specifiy a strategy for assigning instance IDs to the subprocess? An example: I have a mainprocess called "MainFlow". Since I am starting this process manually, I am able to assign a process instance ID as "MainFlow.123" where 123 is my order ID. Now, when the main process starts a subprocess, it assigns an instance ID that is not derived from the main process instance ID, for instance "ContractCreate.82".

Is there a way to specifiy the strategy of assigning instance ID to subprocesses to get something like "ContractCreate.123.82" - a composite instance ID that would contain my order ID?

Thanks.