[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] New message: "Re: Tuning the MaxThreadPool"

Peter Johnson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 4 11:39:57 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Tuning the MaxThreadPool":

http://community.jboss.org/message/529994#529994

Author  : Peter Johnson
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/peterj

Message:
One more thought - the thread pool monitored by the "jboss.system:service=ThreadPool" MBean comes into play only when using EJBs from remote clients. At least, I think that is the only situation under which that pool is used, there could be others. (There is even the possibility that I am thinking about another pool...) So no matter how busy the system gets servicing web requests, even if those requests in turn employ EJBs, this thread pool never gets used. And in addition, even if the pool gets used the QueueSize might not go above 0 until the threads in the pool are exhausted and requests start queuing up wafting for an available thread. But I am just guessing about that. I recall researching this a while back and had it clear in my mind then but it has been a while...