[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] New message: "EJB loading before persistence Unit jar - how to load PAR first?"

kimbaltrue do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 7 18:27:42 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "EJB loading before persistence Unit jar - how to load PAR first?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/530426#530426

Author  : kimbaltrue
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kimbaltrue

Message:
I'm running into an issue that I can't say I've seen before. I'm running 5.1.0.GA, but the issue seems to appear in 5.0.1.GA as well -- at least with this code. I've stripped everything out so that I'm only working with the EJB interface declarations an not any internal code. I've been in the habit of using the entity beans from a JPA persistence unit jar loaded with EJB in the same EAR file in the EJB interface. In my current project when I load the EAR the EJB loads first and the deployer can't find the entity beans in the EJB interface. If I wrap the objects in another object that's inside the EJB jar or in the Java library such as a List object then it works fine. If I try to use the object directly in the interface it fails. It seems to be load order issue, but I'm not sure how to force the PersistenceUnit jar to load first.

Any help would be appreciated.