[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] New message: "Re: Error configuring DLQ and ExpiryQueue for distributed destination"

nkeymeulen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 10 11:33:48 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Error configuring DLQ and ExpiryQueue for distributed destination":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531158#531158

Author  : nkeymeulen
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/nkeymeulen

Message:
Hi Steve,

I had a simular problem.
I also created a destination queue like this.

<mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.destination.QueueService"
      name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=*eventTest*"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
      <depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
   <attribute name="Clustered">*false*</attribute>
</mbean>

I wanted to change the *Clustered to true* and than I got the same error message as you :

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Queue eventTest is already deployed as clustered = false so cannot redeploy as clustered=true . You must delete the destination first before redeploying

The problem is that the first time a queue destination is created, a record is added to the jbm_postoffice table. (There clustered for my queue was false)
What I did is "delete from jbm_postoffice where queue_name = '*eventTest*'

When I restarted node 1 and node 2 the problem did not occur anymore.

Hope this helps you.

Nathalie