[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] New message: "Re: JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 11 11:28:26 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531436#531436

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
> mailto:kabir.khan at jboss.com wrote:
>
> 2) Wildcards and bounds are not tested, but I am not sure if we should support those or not?

It looks like they should be supported, since the following quick test passes with the Introspection implementation, but needs some work in the Javassist implementation:

   public static Collection<?> signatureCollectionUnboundedWildcard()
   {
      return null;
   }

   public void testComponentTypeCollectionUnboundedWildcard() throws Throwable
   {
      assertComponentType("signatureCollectionUnboundedWildcard", Object.class);
   }

I'll write some proper tests for this and implement in Javassist