[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] New message: "Re: JDBCCacheLoader with Oracle 10g problem"

Tomas Frastia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 12 04:04:59 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "JDBCCacheLoader with Oracle 10g problem":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531561#531561

Author  : Tomas Frastia
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/tfrastia

Message:
Hi

I have the same problem and I think I managed to get it fixed. The problem was in class org.jboss.cache.loader.AdjListJDBCCacheLoader in method populatePreparedStatementForInsert(). A wrong SQL insert query is used when saving a business-object. If the business-object is larger than 4000 bytes then the SQL insert query fails and returns an error code ORA-01461.

My fix:
I changed the SQL insert query by replacing the second parameter from '?' to 'empty_blob()' and after a successfull insert into the DB I have selected the inesrted row and put it into blob data via java.sql.ResultSet.

I uploaded corrected class and simple to POC JBoss-Cache-POC-and-fix.rar.

Tomas,