[jboss-user] [jBPM] New message: "Re: How to pass values from jsp to *.jpdl.xml file"

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 12 07:45:33 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "How to pass values from jsp to *.jpdl.xml file":

http://community.jboss.org/message/531590#531590

Author  : Maciej Swiderski
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej

Message:
Sounds like we have some trouble to understand each other  but soon I think we will be on the same page and everything will go smoothly.

So, you're saying that the first step (filling in an application) is not yet a process activity. After submitting this application form process is started. Am I right?
If so, perhaps you could then submit information about user that submits this form to be placed as assignee to the task that is next step in a process flow. This can be done by starting process with map of variables as argument. Later in the task you could use either process variable expression within your process definition (jpdl.xml) or use AssignmentHandler to perform required logic for assignment.

Am I any closer to understanding your needs?!

/Maciej