[jboss-user] [JCA] New message: "HornetQ RA integration"

Jeff Mesnil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 08:03:51 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "HornetQ RA integration":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532488#532488

Author  : Jeff Mesnil
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/jmesnil

Message:
Hi,

As you probably know, we are integrating HornetQ in AS 6 (and the clock is ticking!).
HornetQ now has its own resource adapter and no longer use the generic JMS RA.
However, I've some difficulties to understand how it fits with *-ds.xml connection factories.

   <tx-connection-factory>
      <jndi-name>DURABLE_SUB_CONNECTION_FACTORY</jndi-name>
      <rar-name>jms-ra.rar</rar-name>
      <connection-definition>org.hornetq.ra.HornetQRAConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
      <xa-transaction/>
      <config-property name="SessionDefaultType" type="java.lang.String">javax.jms.Topic</config-property>
      <config-property name="ClientID" type="java.lang.String">cts</config-property>
      <max-pool-size>1</max-pool-size>
   </tx-connection-factory>

I don't understand how I can find whether the managed connection factory will use XA or not when I effectively create the JMS resources in HornetQRAConnectionFactory class.
Is there a way to know whether a connection factory is using <xa-transaction /> or <local-transaction /> from the SPI or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for the help,
jeff