[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Problem creating local mirror of JBoss Tools for 3.1 final."

Konstantin Larionov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 17 08:12:08 EDT 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Problem creating local mirror of JBoss Tools for 3.1 final.":

http://community.jboss.org/message/532492#532492

Author  : Konstantin Larionov
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/KenfromMera

Message:
Hello,

We have local mirror of JBoss Tools in order to 1) avoid access to remote update site when many developers need to update Eclipse plug-ins, 2) have only needed plug-ins to make install/update process easier for newcomers and 3) reduce load on JBoss update site

Previously I used the following script to update development milestones of JBoss Tools 3.1 on our local mirror:

for %%i in (
    org.jboss.tools.richfaces.feature
    org.jboss.tools.seam.feature
    org.jboss.tools.jmx.feature
    org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.feature
    org.jboss.ide.eclipse.archives.feature
    org.hibernate.eclipse.feature
    org.drools.eclipse.feature
    org.drools.eclipse.task.feature
    org.guvnor.tools.feature
    org.jboss.tools.bpel.feature
    org.jboss.tools.xulrunner.feature
    org.jboss.tools.jbpm.convert.feature
    org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature
    org.jboss.tools.jbpm4.feature
    org.jboss.tools.flow.common.feature
    org.jboss.tools.flow.jpdl4.feature
    org.jboss.tools.jbpm.common.feature
) do (
    call :syncf "http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development/" %%i
)

exit

:sync
eclipse\eclipsec.exe -application org.eclipse.update.core.standaloneUpdate -command mirror -from %* -to site -noSplash -vmargs -Dhttp.proxyHost=%PROXY_HOST% -Dhttp.proxyPort=%PROXY_PORT%
exit /b

:syncf
call :sync %1 -featureId %2
exit /b

I was very happy when JBoss Tools for 3.1 final have been released and was eager to update our local mirror but failed.
Seems that the problem occurred because some feature disappeared from the http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-3.1.0.GA/site.xml

Namely jBPM tools:
org.jboss.tools.jbpm.common.feature
org.jboss.tools.flow.common.feature
org.jboss.tools.bpel.feature
org.jboss.tools.flow.jpdl4.feature
org.jboss.tools.jbpm4.feature
org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature

At the same time I can easily install these features by pointing Eclipse at http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-3.1.0.GA

Can anyone help in resolving my problem?