[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Imlementing local interface and another interface in session bean

Arbi Sookazian do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Nov 5 09:04:04 EDT 2010

Arbi Sookazian [http://community.jboss.org/people/asookazian] created the discussion

"Imlementing local interface and another interface in session bean"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/569805#569805

Please consider the following scenario:

@Statelesspublic class FooServiceBean implements FooService, BarService {
   @TransactionAttribute(value=TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)
   public void myMethod1() {
        //code here
   }
}

@Local
public interface FooService {
}

public interface BarService {
    public void myMethod1();
}

If we invoke myMethod1(), will the method run outside of a tx or not?  i.e. is the instance managed by the EJB container or not?  I'm seeing behavior that suggests otherwise in my current JBoss 4.2.x app.  It is actually running in a tx (in this case a distributed tx b/c there are multiple datasources that are being queried via multiple DAOs).  In effect, the NOT_SUPPORTED tx attribute is being ignored.  Please advise.  thx.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]