[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: broken jboss tools - generated maven seam project?

John Franey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Nov 10 07:47:01 EST 2010

John Franey [http://community.jboss.org/people/jjfraney] created the discussion

"Re: broken jboss tools - generated maven seam project?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/570487#570487

Lars,

The following applies to the maven issue.  Perhaps I should not post as this is a jboss ide forum, but jboss ide did not generate these errors, in my experience.

The pom in the ear project should specify the dependency on the web component as a war, not an ear.  In other words, your original content of the ear pom is correct:

<dependency>
      <artifactId>xxxx</artifactId>
      <groupId>my.group</groupId>
      <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
      <type>war</type>
 </dependency>

The pom you posted for the war is not correct.  Its packaging should be 'war' not 'ear'.

John