[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Automatic healing of JMS client

Saurav Kumar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Oct 1 02:12:41 EDT 2010

Saurav Kumar [http://community.jboss.org/people/sauravkr] created the discussion

"Automatic healing of JMS client"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/564473#564473

Hello All,

I am using jboss messaging for events. I am RMI based rich client application and has implemented

MessageListener to listen events. Some times due to network problem or sometimes due to the server reset of system time JMS event subscription is lost. Although RMI connection is still alive.  Unlike http client we are keeping connection forever (24x7). I want to implement a watch dog kind of mechenism by which i will resubscribe to messaging after loosing connection.

There 2 problems.

 1. There is no callback for exceptions if this breaks. although i have implemented ExceptionListener.
 2. I am not aware of any configuration which ensure autosubriction if it breaks.

Reproduction scheme.  Create a simple ear to conteneously publish events on Topic. On RMI client simply implement MessageListener and ExceptionListner. set system time to 1 hr back.

Regards,
Saurav

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]