[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - How to use Remoting 2 with J/Boss 4.2.3?

Darryl McPherson do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 15 14:42:33 EDT 2010

Darryl McPherson [http://community.jboss.org/people/mcphersondb] created the discussion

"How to use Remoting 2 with J/Boss 4.2.3?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/562046#562046

We have a J2SE application that currently exposes WebServices via Axis2, to an EJB running within J/Boss 4.2.3. What we would like to do is convert the WebServices to RMI and use J/Boss as the repository of the remote objects. What I have not been able to find is an example where a server makes its’ objects available via J/Boss + Remoting. I imagine that I have to contact J/Boss on the RMI port configured in default/conf/jboss-service.xml but that is about as far as I have gotten. Is there a MBean I need to call?

In my research to-date, I have been able to use java.rmi to create a local registry in the J2SE application and have the EJB make the appropriate calls on the objects stored in the local registry. My next step was to create a org.jboss.remoting.transporter.TransporterServer within the J2SE application. But this seems unnecessary if there is already a server running within J/Boss. (Or am I wrong?)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]