[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss tools RichFaces (aka the Visual Editor) exhausts heap?

arjan tijms do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 22 07:08:01 EDT 2010

arjan tijms [http://community.jboss.org/people/atijms] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss tools RichFaces (aka the Visual Editor) exhausts heap?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563038#563038

> arjan tijms wrote:
>
> I'll try to convince this other developer to increase the memory settings and report back.

We have increased the heap memory to -Xmx2048M and atleast the startup time and subsequent normal usage of Eclipse is fast again.

However, refactoring a simple method name in the web module remains incredibly slow. It takes a very long time in the "checking pre-conditions" stage. Refactoring a method name in the EJB module of the same EAR application however is really fast. As soon as JBoss tools Richfaces is uninstalled, this refactoring operating is at its normal speed again.

The problem seems to be that the JBoss tools Richfaces plugin causes the refactor operating to scan JSP files, which for some reason is really slow. As soon as I delete all JSP files from the web module, the refactoring is fast again.