[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Optional timer on task

Jimmy Smith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Sep 29 07:09:03 EDT 2010

Jimmy Smith [http://community.jboss.org/people/swd_eagle] created the discussion

"Re: Optional timer on task"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/563867#563867

We have something similar. With a twist. Once the task is created and the timer is set, it must be possible to adjust the date for the timer to fire. E.g. we have a timer that creates a task for a supervisor to investigate once the original task has been in progress for a week. But if the original assignee gets sick and can't work, we need to adjust that timer.

I had no alternative but to set the duedate of the timer directly in the jbpm4_job table. It works well, but it would have been a lot neater if the API provided some way of manipulating jobs.