[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Can I run Web editor separately in jBPM5?

Tihomir Surdilovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 4 14:36:29 EDT 2011

Tihomir Surdilovic [http://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: Can I run Web editor separately in jBPM5?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/597650#597650

Yes, I added ability to open bpmn2 processes in Guvnor standalone editor.

To use the standalone editor in your application, you can use following URL for example in a div or iFrame or just in a window (Guvnor has to be running, for this example on localhost:8080):

 http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet?packageName=defaultPackage&categoryName=mycategory&createNewAsset=true&assetName=myprocess&assetFormat=bpmn2&client=oryx http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet?packageName=defaultPackage&categoryName=mycategory&createNewAsset=true&assetName=myprocess&assetFormat=bpmn2&client=oryx

This will create a new bpmn2 process named "myprocess" in package "defaultPackage" with category "mycategory" (note has to previously exist in Guvnor).

To open this process later on with standalone editor, you can use
 http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet?assetsUUIDs=XYZ&client=oryx http://localhost:8080/drools-guvnor/org.drools.guvnor.Guvnor/standaloneEditorServlet?assetsUUIDs=XYZ&client=oryx

where XYZ is the "myprocess" UUID that Guvnor generated.
You can see the standalone editor can also be used within Guvnor itself:  http://people.redhat.com/tsurdilo/vid/gatewayexample.swf http://people.redhat.com/tsurdilo/vid/gatewayexample.swf

I will add a blog on this soon.