[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Prioritization of process instances

Fernando Ney do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 15 09:25:05 EDT 2011

Fernando Ney [http://community.jboss.org/people/fernando.ney] created the discussion

"Re: Prioritization of process instances"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/621050#621050

Hi Mauricio,
All activities are automated.
Almost all activities are asynchronous, especially those that meeting the first requirement.
The types of activities we are planning to execute are all 'Service Tasks'. Some examples of these tasks will be transfer files via FTP, compress/expand files, batch processing (insert/delete/update rows in database), etc.

The processes are mostly simple, but we can have a big number of them in a short period, as example of a simple process:
Wait a file.
Transfer a file. (This activity may be limited so as not to exhaust the network resources)
Uncompress the file.
Do some type of transformation in the content of the file. (This activity may be limited so as not to exhaust the CPU resources)
Batch insert the file content into the database. (This activity may be limited so as not to exhaust the database resources)

I didn't understand what you mean by 'are all blocks of code that needs to be executed by the process itself?'.