[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Archiving Data in JBPM tables

Art Zegarek do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 24 16:34:54 EDT 2011

Art Zegarek [http://community.jboss.org/people/azegarek] created the discussion

"Archiving Data in JBPM tables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/622804#622804

Hi-

We are running JBPM 3 as part of a content management platform,  using MySQL as the underlying DB,  We are starting to suffer some performance issues which I believe are mainly due to table bloat in the underlying JBPM tables (primarily JBPM_VARIABLEINSTNACE - it has > 7M rows).

We have developed the attached stored procedure in MySQL.  Can anyone comment if they believe this is 'safe', of if there is another approach to groom out data from JBPM tables once a process instance is complete?