[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Alternatives to the jBPM web console

bpmn2user do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 6 22:55:59 EST 2011

bpmn2user [http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user] created the discussion

"Re: Alternatives to the jBPM web console"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/640194#640194

1. +Is it correct to say that my custom Richfaces webapp will replace the entire GWT console that came shipped in the installation, and that it will communicate directly with the Process Engine?+
2. +What is the need for GWT Server component running on client machines?+

It mainly depends on your design criteria. You can have  RichFaces client that will communicate directly with ProcessEngine. You can embed the jBPM runtime in the same application, instead of running on a seperate server if you choose to.

+3. If I defined my own web console to communicate with the Process Engine, it means that it needs to work off a different implementation of the Integration Layer. How does the Integration Layer Impl interact with the Process Engine - what API is involved and where are the Javadocs located? I should also mention that I have trouble locating Javadocs for jbpm (org.jbpm.* packages). The only Javadoc that came with the install was Knowledge API (org.drools.* packages).+
+4. Is Knowledge API the only interface that my custom web app will interact with in order to execute the Process Engine?+

You can have mutiple design options for integrations. Here is a simple web example where the API is used from a simple jsp page.
 http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/09/21/jbpm5-web-example#comment-8347 http://community.jboss.org/people/bpmn2user/blog/2011/09/21/jbpm5-web-example#comment-8347