[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: Custom Deployer - migrate from JBoss4.2

Ales Justin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 18 07:10:54 EST 2011

Ales Justin [http://community.jboss.org/people/alesj] created the discussion

"Re: Custom Deployer - migrate from JBoss4.2"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588320#588320

> +*The question was: how I must use Deployer in JBoss5 (6) for sort and filter subdeployments?*+
What exactly do you wanna filter?

In VDF all deployers touch all (sub)deployments.
It's just a matter of how soon you determine that the given (sub)deployment is not relevant for a deployer.
Hence it's up to a deployer to filter/determine what it needs to process.

e.g. some short circuit logic is prefered, so you don't endup processing all deployments only to realize at the end that there is nothing to process

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]