[jboss-user] [jBPM] - rich calender for jbpm task variable not working

prasad basutkar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 21 06:32:16 EST 2011

prasad basutkar [http://community.jboss.org/people/peterbasutkar%40gmail.com] created the discussion

"rich calender for jbpm task variable not working"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588699#588699

Hi All
          i am using jbpm 3.2.6 and rich faces 3.3.1 in my application i have requirement where i wanted to modify task variable(date field) in jsf and i am using rich calender for that taskVariable in my page like following

<rich:calendar value="#{taskVariableMap['startDate']}" popup="true" datePattern="d/M/yy HH:mm" />

where taskVariableMap is Map which contains variables(context variables) from jbpm database

but when i try to call any action in this jsf page.it is giving following exception

16:45:23,520 ERROR [STDERR] Feb 21, 2011 4:45:23 PM javax.faces.component.UIInput updateModel
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot convert 12/12/12 12:00 AM of type class java.util.Date to class java.sql.Timestamp

i try using converter also for Date to Timestamp conversion but still gives same exception.

if i remove this rich calender component then i am not getting any exception and i am able call all the actions in this form