[jboss-user] [jBPM] - In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS

Gergely Dombi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 21 07:54:50 EST 2011

Gergely Dombi [http://community.jboss.org/people/dombi] created the discussion

"In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588721#588721

Hi,

We are evaluating jBPM5 to be the backing workflow engine in our current project.
Previously we have implemented a number of successful projects with the jBPM3 stack.
First impressions with jBPM5 is pretty good however I have some questions about the Human Task management.

My understanding on this topic is, tha it is assumed that the web application and the workflow engine
is two separate applications, thus the client needs to communicate via Socket (Mina) or JMS.
In our application it is not the case (and neither was in my past experience).
We have a single binary web application (distributed as a war file) with the workflow engine, and the
workflow client (the web UI) running in the same VM (same webapp by the way).

Is there a way to implement such a solution that enables the client to manually (that is via API call)
set some process variables,  specifiy a transition and signal the engine? I mean, without the
async(-like) mechanism provided by default.