[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: JNDI lookup issue - EJB not bound

Sam Tsang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 3 07:02:01 EST 2011

Sam Tsang [http://community.jboss.org/people/newguy2010] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI lookup issue - EJB not bound"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/577803#577803

Just to post the progress of solving the JNDI lookup issues I am facing.

Previously I only used a ejb-jar.xml to specify ejb names but I didn't use a jboss.xml to specify jndi names. In JBoss 3.2.5, which is the previous JBoss version I have been using, a default JNDI name was given to the ejb object if no jndi name is specified. For some reason JBoss is able to look it up without a jboss.xml file and wouldn't put something like local/EBMyBean at 11368117 as the jndi name.

When I use JBoss 6 this doesn't work. I have to put a jboss.xml to specify jndi names. So I just put ejb/EBMyBean as the jndi name and JBoss is able to look it up as ejb/EBMyBean. I can also change the name to whatever I like but I guess the default jndi name always contain some number in it so it is hard to know what the default jndi name is.

After changing the jndi names in a jboss.xml file I no longer see this EJB not bound error.

My jboss.xml is something like this:

> <jboss>
>      <entity>
>         <ejb-name>EBMyBean</ejb-name>
>         <local-jndi-name>ejb/EBMyBean</local-jndi-name>
>     </entity>
> </jboss>

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]