[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?

Petr H do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 16:03:10 EST 2011

Petr H [http://community.jboss.org/people/hostalp] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578813#578813

> You just need to <javabean> the right filter instance. ;-)
>
> e.g. <-- pseudo code -- I need to check this into more details (it's been a while since I wrote this javabean' stuff  :) )...
Yeah, something of that sort would do it - CombiningClassFilter::

public static CombiningClassFilter create(ClassFilter... filters) ...
public static CombiningClassFilter create(boolean and, ClassFilter... filters) ...
public CombiningClassFilter(boolean and, ClassFilter[] filters) ...

so passing filters via array would probably work if it's implemented that way. Anyway use of JavaOnlyClassFilter or EverythingClassFilter will still be an issue due to their private constructors.

> Well, the "plain default" knows about deployment type:
> * ear --> isolation --> look locally first == parent-first=false
> * war, which has parent-first=false by default
>
> Whereas jb-cl-domain.xml is deployment type agnostic, hence uses the more natural default.
Right, understood, it's just unfortunate that it's not so simple to change the classloading back to plain ear default then..

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]