[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?

Chris Council do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 17:08:27 EST 2011

Chris Council [http://community.jboss.org/people/chriscouncil] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578829#578829

So I did have a JPA jar (+org.hibernate.java-persistence:jpa-api:++2.0-cr-1+) in my war, coming from a transitive dependency. After removing it (and the four hibernate jars +hibernate-commons-annotations-3.2.0.Final.jar, hibernate-core-3.6.0.Final.jar, hibernate-entitymanager-3.6.0.Final.jar, hibernate-jpa-2.0-api-1.0.0.Final.jar+), I got the following exception on startup:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find a persistence unit named 'null' in AbstractVFSDeploymentContext at 1032284510{vfs:///wdev/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/properties-webapp-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war}
at org.jboss.jpa.resolvers.BasePersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.resolvePersistenceUnitSupplier(BasePersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.java:107) [:1.0.2-alpha-3]
at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployer.deployWebModule(AbstractWarDeployer.java:793) [:6.0.0.Final

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't find a persistence unit named 'null' in AbstractVFSDeploymentContext at 1032284510{vfs:///appserver/jboss-6.0.0.Final/server/default/deploy/my-webapp-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.war}
> at org.jboss.jpa.resolvers.BasePersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.resolvePersistenceUnitSupplier(BasePersistenceUnitDependencyResolver.java:107) [:1.0.2-alpha-3]
> at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployer.deployWebModule(AbstractWarDeployer.java:793) [:6.0.0.Final]

So the only way I can get things to work right now is to have those four jars inside my war, and hibernate-validator-legacy.jar manually removed from common/lib.

Oh well. I don't really want to remove the hibernate jars from my war, because then it won't work on Glassfish and Jetty.

Any thoughts on why JBoss won't start up without the hibernate jars in common/lib? It seems like there could be problems if I upgrade the war to another version of Hibernate in the future, and if I'm going to be modifying common/lib anyway, maybe I should just remove Hibernate altogether... or alternatively, ensure that the version I want is in that directory.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]