[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: InitialContext#lookup does not timeout

Stian Thorgersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 29 10:03:37 EDT 2011

Stian Thorgersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/stianst] created the discussion

"Re: InitialContext#lookup does not timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/618345#618345

Thanks Ron, but as I said in my previous comment all these properties are only relevant on the socket that is used to connect to the server to retrieve the stub. They do not set anything on the stub itself, which would be fully configured on the server. As far as I can tell there is no timeout set on the socket used by this stub.

In effect that means there is a timeout when retrieveing the stub (i.e. connecting to the naming server), but when using the stub (i.e. doing a lookup) there are no timeouts.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]