[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: InitialContext#lookup does not timeout

Stian Thorgersen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 29 10:06:54 EDT 2011

Stian Thorgersen [http://community.jboss.org/people/stianst] created the discussion

"Re: InitialContext#lookup does not timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/618347#618347

My hope was that this would all be fixed in AS7 but there is no remote JNDI support at all in AS7. So I guess we'll be waiting for 7.1 to see!

Another thing I don't quite understand about the Naming implementation. There is a server socket listening on 1099, all that does is return the stub, while any communication to the Naming server is done through 1090. Why are two ports needed?

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]