[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools

Tim Evers do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 21 21:09:18 EDT 2011

Tim Evers [http://community.jboss.org/people/Kragoth] created the discussion

"Re: My issues (or missunderstandings) with Jboss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/594632#594632

The project is rather large, trying to make a cut down version of it will take quite some time as just dropping the .java/jar files will still leave too much in the directory structure.

I'm probably going to have to give up on this upgrade I think. My last effort to get the xsd file thing working has broken a whole bunch of stuff and I have no idea why. I have 1 single level 1 JSP file in my project which now is unable to compile even though I made no changes to it.

I guess the real issue is somewhere in the JSF support it gets all confused about my WEB-INF directory and tries to use it's own, this has cascading issues throughout my whole project to the point where it just falls in a heap.

I guess the real issue here is that all this functionality should try work out the stuff it needs. If it can't find it it should *not* create it, it should ask where it can be found. I should be able to find a window where I can say here is my xsd file for my tag lib. Rather then it just looking for it in the WEB-INF directory. Wizards are great until they start not allowing you to manually specify things that may not fit the wizard.