[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: re-authentication and pooling

Dmitri Voronov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Mar 11 03:02:13 EST 2011

Dmitri Voronov [http://community.jboss.org/people/dimonv] created the discussion

"Re: re-authentication and pooling"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/592610#592610

You wrote in your article:
> There are a couple of design choices
>
> 1. An implementation that keeps all connections within the same managed connection pool
> 2. An implementation that separates connections based on their credentials and does a reauthentication if needed

None of the options provide a solution for the issue described in the original post:

* the fact that a JCA resource adaptor may support multiple types of the underlying connections. That means - pooling by CRI at least.
* pooling by Subject (I pressume you mean it with credantials) may cause too many sub-pools in case of a big numgber of users. The consequence is that max pool size = max pool size x number of users.
In my opinion the pooling should depend on the re-authentication capability of adapter. If an adapter declares that it supports re-authentication - pool by CRI, if not - pool by Subject and CRI.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]