[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Performance problems in 64-bit windows (Indigo)

Anton Lisovenko do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Nov 6 05:58:24 EST 2011

Anton Lisovenko [http://community.jboss.org/people/bitec] created the discussion

"Performance problems in 64-bit windows (Indigo)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/635216#635216

Hi.
I work with project at work and at home. At work I use 32-bit Windows (XP) + Eclipse Helios and at home - 64-bit Windows 7 + Eclipse Indigo. I see serious performance issues when working with xhtml pages on 64-bit systems - CDI prompt is very slow. I use I7 and 8GB of memory, so hardware is ok. But each time when I press ctr+whitespace (for CDI bean prompt or for tag attribute prompt) it takes about 5-7 seconds for the editor to list possible bean attributes or tag attributes.

No such problems at work.

I tried the latest artifacts from  http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development/indigo/ http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/development/indigo/ and Eclipse Marketplace (does it use the same location?)

Thanks